In this On Demand Masterclass, Mpho Tutu van Furth shares her unique personal stories, lessons learned and formative experiences from her life, career and leadership. As the child of icon Desmond Tutu, she was strongly influenced by his leadership and that of his contemporaries Nelson Mandela and His Holiness Dalai Lama.
In the masterclass she teaches about the Ubuntu philosophy (‘I am because we are’) and addresses issues such as purpose & meaning, the power of storytelling, love, values, resilience, diversity and building bridges and a more inclusive organization and society. The masterclass offers tools, inspiration and motivation for personal and organizational growth and development.
Impression of the Masterclass
Mpho Tutu van Furth is an Anglican priest, speaker, writer, theologian, artist, mother and youngest daughter of world-renowned South African archbishop and human rights activist Desmond Tutu, who fought against apartheid alongside Nelson Mandela. She grew up in South Africa during apartheid. Mpho Tutu van Furth studied electrical engineering in Washington, worked with refugees in New York and was, among other things, founder and director of The Tutu Institute for Prayer and Pilgrimage and director of The Desmond & Leah Tutu legacy foundation that strives for peace and justice.
She married Dutch professor of pediatrics Marceline van Furth in 2015. After they got married in the Netherlands, the South African Church forced her to resign her priesthood. Still, her father Desmond Tutu, who had long fought for the rights of homosexuals, gave his paternal victory over marriage in South Africa.
- Introduction Mpho Tutu van Furth. About her childhood, family, home, values and paths she chose in life and career.
- Ubuntu & Forgiveness. What is Ubuntu? How can you apply it in an organization, team or society? What does Ubuntu mean for leadership? How do we drive inclusion through diversity? How to deal with conflict and pain? What is the power of forgiveness and storytelling?
- Personal Leadership: About personal values & meaning, religion, happiness, dealing with disappointment, mourning, sadness and the power of rituals.
- Building Bridges: About leading in times of polarization, about leadership lessons from Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu, about trust, courage, listening, humanity and hope for the future.
Access for 1 person
- Direct access to the masterclass
- Watch or listen when you want
- On any online device
- Access for one year
Team & organization plans
- Access for teams and groups
- Monitor engagement and viewing behavior
- Listen or view on desktop, laptop of mobile phone
- More users, more benefits
Achieve your goals
MasterFundamentals, vertrouwd door klanten en gebruikers van o.a.